See all available properties in this development
Click on photo to find out more about each property
- 10 year build warranty
- Allocated parking
- Downstairs W/C
- Modern fitted kitchen
- Outside tap
- Stainless steel oven, hob & extractor
- Turfed rear garden
- Vinyl flooring through kitchen/bathroom
Available for Shared Ownership
Platform Housing Group are excited to release our LAST shared ownership property at St. Johns Grange!
Our shared ownership properties are set on the outskirts of the city of Lichfield with its famous cathedral plus a plethora of historic streets surrounded by picturesque Staffordshire countryside. Cannock Chase is close by, as well as Chase Water Country Park - a great place to while away a few hours. There is an abundance of shops and schools near-by, and plenty of restaurants and local bars to choose from.
We will have 2 bedroom semi detached houses on our second release. The accommodation comprises of hall, lounge, dining kitchen, three bedrooms and bathroom. The property benefits from gas central heating and double glazing. There is a driveway to the front and garden to the rear. The property will also have an NHBC 10 year warranty.
Plot 8 - Two Bedroom Semi Detached - £102,000 for a 40% Share
Council Tax TBC - due to these properties being new builds and not being previously occupied the council tax and banding has not yet been set.
Service Charge - A service charge will be charged against the property and is paid monthly with your rent payment. The service charge is reviewed on an annual basis on April 1st. This will include Buildings insurance, management and any communal/estate charges that may be covered (if applicable). The service charge displayed is estimated based on the initial assessment of the scheme, please contact the sales consultant for details.
Ground Rent - Not applicable
1. For further information, please download our brochure below.
2. TO APPLY NOW, Please register with Help to Buy for Shared Ownership.
3. Then send your approved Help to Buy Application form or reference number to the Sales Team.
4. Upon receipt of your application, we will refer you for an affordability assessment to determine the most affordable share for you.
4. Once you have passed the affordability assessment, we will then send you an offer letter for the property and you pay a £250 reservation fee to reserve your chosen plot.
Shared Ownership is a fantastic opportunity if you're an unable to purchase a home on the open market. It allows you to buy a share in a brand new leasehold property on a part buy/ part rent basis and pay a subsidised rent on the part that you do not own. After the initial purchase it is possible to buy further shares and eventually own these properties outright.
We will offer shares for sale normally between 25-75% of the property depending on how much you can afford to purchase and charge rent on the remaining share. The bigger the share you buy, the less rent you have to pay. You will need to be able to raise a mortgage for the share you want to purchase unless you have sufficient money to enable you to purchase without. The combined cost of mortgage and rent is often cheaper than privately renting in the area.
Am I eligible?
Shared Ownership uses the following criteria to help people to get a foot on the housing ladder:
- Maximum annual household income of £80,000.
- Unable to purchase a home suitable for your needs.
Please note some images are typical and should be used as a guide only