Shared Ownership Resales

Selling your Shared Ownership home

If the time has come for you to sell your home, whatever the reason - you have two options when it comes to selling your Shared Ownership property.

Choose the option that best suits you:

  • We can pass your details to Move with Us, a property services company which specialises in the sale of shared ownership homes. They will contact you to arrange a free, no obligation valuation report on your property

    Once you have received the report, you can decide whether or not you want to go ahead with the sale. They will also help you obtain an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC), if you do not have one.

    Move with Us will then instruct two local estate agents to market your property in competition with each other. They will provide you with independent advice and support throughout the sale and ensure that we receive all the information and documents that we require.

    Upon successful completion, they will also charge you a sales fee which would have been agreed with you prior to marketing commencing.

    You can download a copy of their brochure explaining the service they offer from our website at

    Under the terms of the shared ownership lease the property cannot be sold for more than “Market Value” as determined by a RICS valuer.

  • With this option you may source and appoint your own preferred estate agent to market your property.

    Please provide your estate agent with a copy of the guidance notes enclosed, and our contact details should they have any further queries. Tel: 0333 200 7304


    Please be aware that it is a legal requirement that your property has a valid Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) when your property is marketed, your estate agent should be able to assist in organising the assessment. If an EPC has been carried out previously you may locate it at the following link

    With this option, you will be fully responsible for paying the RICS, EPC and estate agents fees when they become due.

    Under the terms of the shared ownership lease the property cannot be sold for more than “Market Value” as determined by a RICS valuer.

Reselling as Shared Ownership or Outright

Depending upon the terms of your lease, we may be able to offer you the option of marketing your home for outright sale as well as shared ownership. Thereby increasing the number of potential purchasers.

This would involve you staircasing your property up to the desired percentage to allow you to sell the share agreed with your buyer. Both the staircasing and sale will happen simultaneously, and funds for the additional share will come from your buyer.

Please note that for this type of transaction a RICS Valuation reflecting the agreed sale price will need to be provided, and you should take legal advice on any Stamp Duty payments that may be required of you.

**Please contact us and we will be able to confirm if this is an option available to you **

Approving your purchaser 

Should a potential purchaser be found through either Platform or an estate agent, we will need to confirm their suitability for our shared ownership scheme and any local connections that your property may be subject to. 

The potential purchaser will need approval by the relevant Help To Buy Agent.  

  • If you are based in the North of England, please contact:

    Help to Buy Agent 1 North

    Covering Merseyside, Lancashire, Greater Manchester, Cumbria, Cheshire, Durham, Northumberland, Tyne and Wear, North Yorkshire, South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, East Riding of Yorkshire.

    Contact Agent

  • If you are based in the Midlands or London, please contact:

    Help to Buy Agent 2

    Covering Nottinghamshire, Northamptonshire, Lincolnshire, Leicestershire, Derbyshire, Rutland, Worcestershire, Warwickshire, Staffordshire, Shropshire, Herefordshire, West Midlands & Greater London

    Contact Agent

  • If you are based in the South of England, please contact:

    Help to Buy Agent 3

    Covering Bedfordshire, Berkshire, Bristol, Bath, Somerset & Mendip, Buckinghamshire, Cambridgeshire, Cornwall (including the Isles of Scilly), Devon, Dorset, East Sussex, Essex, Gloucestershire, Hampshire & Isle of Wight, Hertfordshire, Kent, Norfolk, Oxfordshire, Suffolk, Surrey, West Sussex, Wiltshire.

    Contact Agent