This next week is set to be a scorcher and living in Britain means this is something we are not always prepared for, and our homes and gardens suffer from this sometimes.
So, we have put together some tips on how to care for your garden and keeping your home cool.
In the summer months our gardens can be a key place for everyone to get together and enjoy the weather, keeping your garden and lawn looking happy and healthy makes the time more enjoyable.
- Mow your lawn regularly even during the hot spells, if it is a particularly harsh drought period then maybe drop this to once a week. Change the blade setting a little higher during this time to put less stress on your lawn.
- Keeping the garden and lawn hydrated is key in the hot weather, they can quickly become dry and unhealthy. Regular deep watering 2-3 times a week will help give your lawn the moisture it needs to thrive in hot weather.
- Keep on top of de-weeding in hot weather as they will force the grass to compete for the water, it will need all the chance in hot weather.
During the hot weather, keeping your home cool can be a challenge but there are things you can do to help.
- Keeping your windows shut can help to keep hot air out your home, also shutting curtains or blinds will assist to block the heat from entering your home.
- Although keeping windows shut helps, sometimes we need a breeze if there is one. Creating a cross breeze is the best way to utilise this, opening opposite windows and keeping doors open to allow the air to circulate. You can still shut curtains or blinds to help block the heat.
- Using a fan to help circulate the air in your home is a great way to help. Keep it at a low level and point it upwards to help push the cool air up and moving around.
We all want to enjoy the weather when it comes around so try these tips for getting your garden and home through it. Hopefully helping to achieve a more comfortable Summer!
Don’t forget to share your sunshine snaps with us, after all, it doesn’t happen often!