It’s the time of the year where there’s no such thing as too much sparkle – Christmas is here! Our show home at Kestrel Fields has been decked out ready for the happiest season of all. With help from interior designers, we discuss the best ways to decorate your home ready for Christmas…
1. Did you follow a theme/style?
Certainly. In adorning the Kestrel Fields show home for Christmas, we adhered closely to the contemporary and sustainable design scheme crafted by Edward Thomas’s interior design team. The existing styling, characterized by bold colours, Aztec prints, and rustic wooden elements inspired by the surrounding woods and countryside, served as the foundation for the Christmas decorations. The carefully selected ornaments, lights, and other festive accents were chosen to seamlessly integrate with the home's original aesthetic, enhancing its warmth and cosiness. By drawing inspiration from the rich colours and textures already present in the interior, the Christmas decor aimed to create a cohesive and unified look that resonates with the show home's overall ambiance.
2. What is the colour scheme?
Inspired by the existing colour scheme at the Kestrel Fields show home, we ensured a seamless integration when selecting our decorations. The festive additions embrace the deep forest green and terracotta/rust foundation while introducing a pop of teal to brighten the jewel tones for the festive season. This additional hue adds a touch of vibrancy and playfulness to the rich and earthy palette, creating a festive ambiance. The Christmas decorations, like the existing interior, aim to evoke a sense of warmth and connection to nature while adding a festive and celebratory touch to the home.
3. What is your favourite part of a home to decorate?
Our favourite part of a home to decorate is undoubtedly the living room, which we consider the heart of the home. When it comes to Christmas, there's a special joy in transforming the living room into a festive haven, as it's the primary space where families gather on Christmas day. The cozy and communal atmosphere of the living room makes it the perfect canvas for spreading Christmas cheer.
The pièce de résistance is the generously adorned 6ft Christmas tree. This magnificent centrepiece, lit with twinkling fairy lights and adorned with an abundance of decorations, becomes a focal point that captures the spirit of the season. The act of meticulously decorating the tree and arranging festive accents in the living room creates a warm and inviting atmosphere, setting the stage for cherished moments and creating lasting memories for the family. The living room, with its festive adornments and the twinkling tree, becomes a magical space that enhances the joy and togetherness of Christmas.
4. Do you have any top tips for making a house show home worthy at Christmas?
Certainly! Achieving a show home-worthy look for Christmas involves a thoughtful approach to decor and creating a warm, inviting atmosphere. Here are some top tips:
- Create a Welcoming Entrance: Make a positive first impression by decorating the entrance. A festive wreath, well-lit pathway, and a touch of Christmas decor at the entrance can set the tone for a warm and inviting home.
- Focus on Key Areas: Concentrate your decorating efforts on key areas that draw attention, such as the living room, dining area, and entrance. These spaces are often the focal points so make them visually appealing and welcoming.
- Elevate with Lighting: Use strategic lighting to enhance the festive ambiance. Twinkling fairy lights, candles, and well-placed string lights can create a warm and inviting glow, making the home feel cozy and magical.
- Incorporate Seasonal Textures: Introduce seasonal textures like faux fur throws, plush cushions, and festive linens. These tactile elements not only add warmth but also create a sense of comfort and luxury, elevating the overall aesthetic.
- infuse Seasonal Scents: Elevate the festive atmosphere with reed diffusers featuring Christmas scents and scented candles that evoke the aroma of fur pine trees. These subtle yet authentic fragrances add an extra layer of immersion, creating a sensory experience that resonates with Christmas.
Remember, the key is to strike a balance between festive charm and a sophisticated, show home-worthy aesthetic. By thoughtfully integrating Christmas into your existing interior, you can create a memorable and inviting experience for family, friends or visitors during the Christmas season.
5. What are your must have decorative items when decorating for the festive season?
My must-have decorative items encompass a thoughtful selection to create a truly enchanting atmosphere:
Lit and decorated garlands: Adorn flat surfaces or staircases. These not only add a touch of elegance but also provide a warm and inviting glow, creating a seamless flow throughout the home.
Festive dining table: Elevate the dining experience with a decorated table featuring foliage and details like festive napkin arrangements. A strong table centrepiece and a festive table runner add a touch of sophistication to the dining area, making meals a festive occasion.
Unique front door wreath: Make a statement with a front door wreath that stands out. Whether it's unconventional materials, unique shapes, or added embellishments, the front door wreath sets the tone for a warm and distinctive welcome.
Christmas tree decorations: Create a visually stunning Christmas tree by curating a mix of baubles with diverse textures, colours, and sizes. Embrace creativity by departing from traditional toppers and explore alternatives. For instance, at Kestrel Fields, we've crafted a regal crown using gold-embellished fern leaves, offering a unique and majestic touch to the tree.
About the Development
Kestrel Fields, is a development consisting of brand new homes for Shared Ownership in East Leake.
East Leake is a beautiful village in the Rushcliffe borough of Nottinghamshire, boasting a range of excellent leisure facilities, local amenities, great schools and all of the transport links that a central location offers.